July 15 - Weill Read


People of letters -- one received via Facebook, below + response...

***

Hello Mr. Alburger,
I´m Camila Dos Santos, violoncellist from Asunción, Paraguay, currently living in Buenos Aires - Argentina.   I play in a Duo with a Vibrafonist and we found your Duo Sonata No. 1 ("Hyphenated") in IMSLP.  We play it in a class of the Universidad Nacional de Lanus, and will like to perfom it in Asuncion, Paraguay 16th August.  It will be for the chamber music conciertos of the Sinfonica Nacional del Paraguay...

Will this be OK with you?

Sorry for my English!

Camila


Hello Camila!

Delightful to hear from you!  I am honored that you play Duo Sonata No. 1 ("Hyphenated") in a class of the Universidad Nacional de Lanus (that I've just googled!), and hope to perform it in Asuncion, Paraguay, on August 16th -- permission granted, of course!  Oh to fly down and hear the performance, but, alas, I am being interviewed on a Lake County, California, radio station, as their featured composer, that day...  If possible, it would be great to receive a recording and/or video of your presentation, and a program. 

With all best wishes and thanks,

Mark

***


Also send birthday greetings back East,


and head out for the


day's educational endeavors,


returning to compose page four of Sex and the Species --


to 


124th day of summer,


high temp back down to 93 (74th 80+, 36th 90-or-beyond.

***


C [Lydian] Blues

C Eb F [F#] G Bb C


C Chords

Caug C Cm Cdim

G#     G   G     Gb
E        E   Eb    Eb
C        C   C     C


12-Bar Blues Pattern

I
1  2  3  4

IV     I
5  6   7  8

V IV  I
9  10  11 12


Listening
[8891] Sergei Prokofiev - Symphony No. 3: I
[8898] George Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue
[8900] Aaron Copland - Appalachian Spring: II. Allegro
[8901] Harry Partch - U.S. Highball
[8906] Dmitri Shostakovich - Symphony No. 5: I
[8908] Olivier Messiaen - Turangalila Symphony: IV